13 Killer Career Tips Every Girlboss Should Know
- If you don't have the motivation to start your endeavour with your old laptop and cheap crappy desk, you'll never start your endeavour at all. You don't need an iMac and a swanky office to get started.
- Sadly, your biggest enemies are sometimes hiding within your inner circle. Watch out for the "friends" who never seem to congratulate you on your successes.
- It doesn't matter whether it's the opinion of your parents, friends or trolls online... nothing will hinder you more than caring what other people think.
- The best way to avoid failure is to quietly observe every company you've ever worked for and every boss you've ever had. Listen & absorb. Learn from their mistakes and save yourself some pain later down the track.
- Stay in your lane. Double down on your strengths. Outsource the things you aren't personally good at.
- Don't date losers.
- Jealousy, comparison and impatience will cripple your upside.
- Be authentic. You can't fake who you are. And you shouldn't want to. It's your story and your voice that will set you apart.
- Lucky people are the ones hustling.
- Success doesn't come without sacrifice. This may mean putting your social life, hobbies and boyfriend on the backburner for a while. If you're as dedicated to your dream as you claim to be, making that decision won't feel like the end of the world.
- Know who you are and know what you want to say.
- If you start to feel unmotivated, remember you might die tomorrow.
- Mindset is everything.